1. Important notice
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including any related profiling). For more information about your rights and how you can exercise them, please see the section Your rights.
2. Personal Data we may collect and why
Personal data is any information which identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of our products and services).
We may collect the following data about you:
- Contact details: your name, email address, and telephone number so that we can contact you in response to an enquiry you make via our Site or in relation to the products and services that we have from time to time agreed to provide to you;
- Correspondence: we collect any additional personal data you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our Site, by submitting a comment on our Site, or by any other means;
- Survey responses: information from surveys that we use for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them; Transaction details: we or our third party providers will collect information relating to transactions you carry out through our Site and for the purposes of fulfilling your orders;
- Details of visits to the Sites: details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
What are Cookies?
A. What cookies are used on this Site?
The cookies we and our business partners use on our Site are broadly grouped into the following categories:
Essential - Some of the cookies on our Site are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this could be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on our Site or which allows communication between your browser and our Site. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section "How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?" is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our Site without these cookies.
Social Sharing - We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Examples would be if you wanted to "like" or "tweet" about us or our products or services. Please see our "Third Party Cookies" section below for more details.
Interest-Based Advertising - You will have noticed that when you visit websites you will be shown adverts for products and services you may wish to buy. The money made by website owners for showing third party adverts on their websites often pays for the cost of running the website and therefore usually allows you to use the website without having to pay a registration or usage fee. To try and ensure that the adverts you see are relevant to you third party cookies may be used to collect information about the types of things that interest you, for example websites you visit and the geography that you are based in. Having these cookies does not increase the number of adverts you will be shown, but simply makes the adverts you see more relevant. Please see our "Third Party Cookies" section below for more details.
B. How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
С. Third party cookies
Some of the cookies described in the "What Cookies are used on our Site" section above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our Site. Third parties may also read cookies on your browser to collect information or to serve content or advertisements to you. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below; and/or If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium's website.
4. How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. To provide you with the products and services you have requested. We use your personal data to accept you as a new or returning customer to provide you with the products and services you have requested in accordance with our terms of business.
2. To send you service communications, including in relation to changes to our Terms of business.We use the contact details you have provided to us so that we can communicate with you about the products and services that we provide, including to let you know about major changes to those products and services or to the Trading Terms or Terms of business between us or to any related information.
Direct marketing (including by third parties)
If you have provided your consent or we otherwise have the right to do so, we may use your contact details to send you direct marketing and keep you informed of promotional offers by email, SMS, post or telephone relating to our products and services.
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any of our emails or by contacting us.
Our trusted business partners would also like to use your name, email address, postal address and telephone number to inform you of similar products, services and promotional offers. We will only share your personal data with our partners where you have provided us with your consent to do so. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any of their emails or by contacting us.
4. To maintain our records and improve data accuracy Like any business, we process personal data in the course of maintaining and administering our internal records. This includes processing your personal data to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up to date and accurate.
5. To respond to enquiries, complaints and disputes We use the personal data we hold about you to help us respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you, in the most effective manner.
6. To investigate, detect and prevent fraud and comply with our legal obligations In certain circumstances, we use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including for fraud detection, investigation and prevention purposes. This may require us to provide your personal data to law enforcement agencies if they request it.
5. Legal grounds for processing
Data protection law (GDPR) requires us to only process your personal data if we satisfy one or more legal grounds. These are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different grounds for the processing we carry out. These are as follows:
Consent In certain circumstances, we process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of: sending you marketing communications about our products and services; sharing your name, email address, postal address and telephone number with our trusted business partners so that they may market to you about their own similar products and services; conducting marketing research;
It is necessary for us to process your basic contact details, payment details and information about the business you represent for the performance of the Terms of business between us. In particular, we rely on this legal ground to:
- Provide you with the products and services;
- Communicate with you about the products and services that we provide to you, including to let you know about major changes to those products and services or to the Trading Terms or Terms of Trading between us or to any related information;
- Provide and improve customer support;
- And notify you about changes to our service
If you choose not to give some or all of the aforementioned information to us, this may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you.
In certain circumstances, we also use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate and prevent fraud.
Necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests or those of a third party
It is sometimes necessary to collect and use your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a business, which are to:
- Provide you with products and services that are as useful and beneficial as possible, including by personalising our contact with you and making sure we tell you about all the offers that are relevant to you;
- Better understand our customer base so that we can improve our products and services and marketing activities (which could also benefit you);
- Comply with our contractual obligations to third parties;
- Develop and improve our Site to enhance the customer experience; train our staff so that we can provide you with a better customer service;
- Respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you;
- And to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Ensure effective operational management and internal administration of our business, document retention, compliance with regulatory guidance and exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where we think there is a risk that one of your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms may be affected we will not process your personal data unless there is another legal ground for us to do so (either that we have obtained your consent to the processing or it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to comply with our legal obligations).
6. Who we share your personal data with
We may provide your personal data to our suppliers and service providers, who provide certain business services for us and act as "processors" of your personal data on our behalf. In addition, we may disclose your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety, of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
7. How long we keep your personal data for
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes(s) for which it was provided. What this means in practice will vary between different types of data. When determining the relevant retention periods, we take into account factors including:
- Legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- Statute of limitations under applicable law; potential or actual disputes;
- And guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your personal data from our systems when it is no longer needed.
8. Your rights
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
Rights to be informed
Right of access
Right to rectification
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erasure
This is also known as 'the right to be forgotten' and, in simple terms, enable you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to 'block' or supress further use of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further.
Right to make a complaint to the data protection authorities
You have the right to make a complaint to the authorized governmental body if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with data protection law.
Links to other websites
9. Links to other websites